The book collection
The library holds a collection of approximately 90.000 documents.
The collection covers many fields with emphasis on
- Christianity and theology, especially in relation to other religions, the third world and global issues.
- Science of religion and religions, especially islam.
- Cultural studies, social anthropology, globalization, intercultural communication, human rights and peace studies
- Lars Dahles library
6000 volumes, approximately 800 published prior to 1800
- NMS’ gender project
Conversion and development in a gender perspective
The library holds approximately 1000 journals. Nearly 400 are currently received in print and about 200 e-journals are accessible on campus. The collection covers theology, mission and cultural studies and includes scholarly journals, magazines, newsletters and bulletins. The collection is kept in the basement of the library building.
More about printed and electronical journals at MHS
Books on reading lists
The library has one or more copies of all literature on reading lists. These books are found in the ordinary collection and they are registered for short term loans.
Encyclopedias and dictionaries
- Printed referecence works is found in the main reading room
- Encyclopedias, dictionaries and bibliographies: Le 10 – Le 40
- Bible dictionaries and encyclopedias: Bi 10, GT 20 and NT 20
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries online
Open research archive